The inquiry set up by the Special Forces Command to investigate the shoot-out inside State House Entebbe that led to the death of two presidential guards will start on Monday.The deceased were also buried at their ancestral homes in Sironko and Bukea districts yesterday.
The SFC spokesperson, Maj Chris Magezi told Daily Monitor yesterday Cpl Michael Ochom who reportedly ran amok, shot and killed Sgt Peter Makanga on Saturday had “a clean record” in the army.“We didn’t know him as a drunkard and that’s why we need to find out the cause of his strange behaviours through the inquiry. His record was good,” he said.
Cpl Ochom was buried in Bukedea without any military honour while Sgt Makanga’s burial was yesterday in Sironko.Pte Ochom allegedly grabbed a gun from Sgt Makanga, shooting him several times in the wee hours of Saturday.
The Special Forces said they suspected Cpl Ochom could have been under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The shooting inside President Museveni’s official residence has raised questions about his safety but Maj Magezi says the President is safe and described the incident as “a small thing”In 2009 Pte Nicholas Mucunguzi, presidential attached to Nakasero State Lodge shot and killed eight people in a bar on William Street in Kampala following a quarrel over a woman.
Sources say both postmortem report had been handed over to the Special Forces. “It will reveal whether Cpl Ochom was under the influence of alcohol or not,” the source said.
SOURCE: Daily Monitor