The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for the Bachelor of Arts in Social Development degree programme for Day and Evening tenable at Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi) for the 2019/2020 Academic year. Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development is affiliated to Makerere University. The online application system will be open from 13th May 2019 to 28th June 2019
1. Admission Requirements:
Each applicant should either:
1. Have a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a minimum of 5 Passes, or its equivalent and at least two Principal Passes at A’Level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For the Day Programme only candidates who sat A’Level in 2018, 2017 and 2016 are eligible to apply). For the Evening programme, candidates are not restricted on the year of sitting A’Level.
2. Hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognized Institution. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building OR Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi), P.O. Box 149, Mpigi, Tel. No.0772623502/ 0706741519/ 0772469091/ 0701309003 after applying online.
3. Be a graduate from a recognized chartered University. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building or Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi), P.O. Box 149, Mpigi, Tel. No.0772623502/ 0706741519/ 0772469091/ 0701309003 after applying online.
(i) Candidates whose Ordinary and Advanced level results are of Grades Y, Z, 7, 9 and those with less than 5 Passes at O’Level need not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and;
(ii) Candidates who hold 3rd Class or Pass Diplomas need not apply.
(iii)The programme will be offered during the Day and Evening. SOD and SOE are the programme Codes for Day and Evening respectively.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
1. Applicants should access the institution’s admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug
2. Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on the Pay for Form button
7. Make a payment of a non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= or $75 for International plus Bank charges at any of the following Banks:
a. Stanbic Bank
b. Post Bank
c. Centenary Bank
d. dfcu Bank
Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered are very grave indeed.
Do not use any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy and use them do so at their own risk.
The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fees stated above.
The University has made arrangements to assist applicants who may need help to be able to apply online at Senate Building and Senior Common Room (Main Building). Be aware of Conmen and Women.
The closing date for applying will be Friday 28th June, 2019.
Alfred Masikye Namoah
Source: Makerere University