Big brother for next month

Many termed the devastating fire on September 2, 2014 at the Big Brother house in Johannesburg a prank and publicity stunt. But M-Net and Endemol SA have reiterated that the ninth edition of Big Brother Africa will go on within the next month.
Endomel SA and M-Net have spent the last 48 hours searching both locally and internationally for a venue in which to shoot and produce this season of the popular reality show.

“After exploring all possible options, the team is delighted to announce that the show will go on as a venue has been found to get the show on air within the next month,” part of the statement issued by Multichoice read.
A multitude of factors were considered including the complex technical requirements, logistics, technical crews and satellite link facilities which have all formed part of the challenge.
The show which had been slated kick off on Sunday evening was suspended , after the Big Brother house situated in Sesani Studios in Johannesburg, reportedly burnt .

The devastating development was communicated by M-Net and Endemol South Africa, the companies behind the continental TV show.
Dubbed the Big Brother Hotshots, the ninth edition of the continental TV series was slated to kick off last Sunday at 7pm.
The show brings together open-minded, bold and aenturous contestants from 14 countries across Africa and they do their best to outshine each other in the hope of convincing Africa that they are worth winning the cash prize of $300,000 (about Shs765m).

SOURCE: Daily Monitor

Leave a Reply

Releated

Rwanda revokes prosecution of 17 Ugandans

KIGALI, Rwanda announced that it has revoked the prosecution of 17 Ugandan citizens that were arrested in the country, said Rwandan ministry of foreign affairs in a statement. The move comes barely a day after the release of 13 Rwandans who were detain…

Desert Locusts Invade South Sudan

JUBA , SOUTH SUDAN – After devastating crops in Uganda and Kenya, desert locusts have invaded South Sudan. The government says it’s trying to raise more than $19 million to battle the infestation.South Sudan Food and Agriculture Minister Onyoti Adigo s…