Busoga Kingdom halts recruitment exercise

Jinja. Busoga Kingdom has halted the recruitment of workers amidst allegations that some kingdom officials have been extorting money from people seeking jobs at the institution’s headquarters in Bugembe.
Last month the kingdom placed several aerts on local radios inviting applications for a number of jobs, including those of accountants, secretaries and cleaners.
The process of recruitment was, however, frozen on Saturday by the chairperson of the interim executive committee of the kingdom, Dr Joseph Muvawala.
“I am announcing that the recruitment exercise for the kingdom workers is halted since I have got evidence that people paid money to some officials, which they have already started refunding. This is not acceptable,” he said.
Without naming any particular official, Mr Muvawala said he has since confirmed that the culprits include members of both the Busoga Lukiiko and his interim executive committee.
Daily Monitor has since learnt that three officials forged receipt books which they have been issuing to job applicants claiming they had to pay money before they could be invited for interviews.
The same officials are also said to be involved in the sale of land on the northern slopes of Igenge Hill, an area that had been earmarked for a tree planting project.
Dr Muvawala said corruption of this calibre will not help the kingdom acquire the kind of manpower it requires or register the kind of development his committee is looking forward to.

Kyabazinga portrait unveiled

Dr Muvawala on Monday unveiled the official portrait of Kyabazinga William Wilberforce Kadhumbula Nadiope Gabula IV. He also named Mr Andrew Ntange as the new kingdom’s spokesperson. He replaces the speaker of the Busoga Lukiiko, Mr George Mutyabule, who has been acting as the spokesperson.

editorial@ug.nationmedia.com

SOURCE: Daily Monitor

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply